JUMPstart – JUMPstart or the Joint University MedTech Programme, is Singapore’s only University accelerator for regulated Medical Devices.
Founded by the three largest local universities, NTU, NUS, and SUTD, and supported by the Singapore Government’s economic development agency, Enterprise Singapore, we provide comprehensive support across business and product development to teams (pre-company formation) and start-ups from the universities developing medical device technologies.
Since its founding in 2016, JUMPstart has run 6 programs, connecting with over 100+ Medtech-entrepreneurs and a total of 16+ companies who have raised investments exceeding SGD 22 Million.
- Modular Approach – JUMPstart provides a customised programme of support to each team/start-up based on identified gaps
- Dedicated Commerical Champions – Experienced technology, commercial, clinical, and QA/RA leaders will work with you to bring your dream to the market
- Industry Driven Decisions – Commercially-driven decision making helps keep you focused on building a viable product and company
- Integrated Development – Cohesive product and commercial development helps to ensure viability and sustainable businesses
- Clear Path to Market – Identifying and understanding regulatory and reimbursement pathways to develop a go-to-market strategy early
- Stage 1 – Entrepreneur and Commercial Development (ECD): 6 months of accelerated learning with a comprehensive pedagogy framework and mentor support.
- Stage 2 – Quality Manufacturability & Industrial Design (QMI): Twelve to eighteen months working with a dedicated project manager who will walk your team/startup through practical concepts including implementing a Quality System, and product design considering factors such as human factors and design for manufacture.